Tuesday 16 October 2012




I yawn

I sigh because there's nothing left to say
I yawn because there's something I need to hear.
Mixed emotions, mixing dreams
Wanting to be better, wondering if we can.
My hands do the talking but my words have no eyes
Nothing works, no one wins,
We just stay here unchanged.

A change is gonna come - but what if I don't.
Another digit, another stranger
One two and three, every day another four.
I felt lonely today, the consequences of me:
I sigh because there's nothing left to say
I yawn because I'm tired.

We fight. We fail. We learn how to fall
Changing times, moving lines,
Highs and lows:
Ebbs flow through minutes lost in thought.
A memory chimes, echoes in the night
Stirring the unfortunate, the ones left behind.

Tell me again why we have to go on.
Feed my love with candle light
So that I can finish this final sad song
I sigh ...
Because I sigh,
I yawn because you are gone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment