Sunday 23 January 2011


"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear."
- Joan Didion

“In my experience, the best creative work is never done when one is unhappy. “
- Albert Einstein

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts; and if any would write in a noble style, let him first possess a noble soul.”
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Authors who never give you something to disagree with never give you anything to think about.”
- Michael LaRocca

“The only time I know that something is true is the moment I discover it in the act of writing.” “
- Jean Malaquais

“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospection.” “
- Anais Nin

“Writing is thinking on paper.” “
- William Zinsser

“One of the things that draws writers to writing is that they can get things right that they got wrong in real life by writing about them.” 
- Tobias Wolff

No comments:

Post a Comment